Stannah is a long-standing British, family-owned company with the fifth generation steering at the helm. We are pleased to say Stannah family members still play hands-on roles in running the business, ensuring the family ethos is maintained.
Our values reflect the basics of our business: what we do, what we’re like, and the effect of what we do.
We are reassuringly practical: our engineering heritage means we meticulously craft and develop all our products to make them what we consider to be the very best in the market. We work carefully too, by considering our customers’ circumstances, recommending the right products and installing everything with a minimum of fuss. And of course, we’re members of all the relevant trade bodies embracing codes of conduct and leading the way in ensuring our products meet safety regulations.
We are resolutely independent: we’ve always had our own way of doing things. We don’t chase profits at all costs and we don’t skimp on what’s important to our customers. Instead, we do what we believe is right. We put our customers at the heart of our business. We listen to what they need. And we do whatever we can to go about our business honestly and responsibly.
We are life-enhancing: we make life easier for people by improving access for greater convenience and independence. We understand our customers’ issues and will lobby on their behalf and for things we believe in such as equality of access. We’re in the business of making life more fulfilling.
The Stannah Group of companies is a wholly-owned and independent family business consisting of:
- Stannah Lifts Ltd – Supplying many of the UK’s leading businesses with commercial passenger lifts and access platform lifts.
- Stannah Microlifts Ltd – Leading the UK market in service lifts, trolleylifts and goods lifts.
- Stannah Lift Services Ltd:
- Selling new and used stairlifts in England, Wales and Scotland;
- Providing after-care service, repair and modernisation for Stannah and other manufacturers’ products through 11 regional branches throughout the UK.
- Supply and installation of moving walkways, escalators and bespoke lifts, including Network Rail.
- Stannah Stairlifts Ltd – Continuing to be a world leader in design, manufacture and distribution of stairlifts and homelifts across the world – through twelve international subsidiaries and trade partners we supply more than 50 markets.
- Management Services Ltd – Providing management and infrastructure services for Stannah and its divisions.
For over 150 years, generations of the Stannah family have passed down a commitment to ethical and responsible business. And in keeping with our family values, we like to invest in and develop partnerships at a local level.