Support for stairlift and homelift customers during the COVID-19 pandemic
While the government has now eased many of the COVID restrictions, the safety of our customers and employees remains our number one concern. We will continue to take the utmost care to minimise the risk of COVID transmission.
We are pleased to be able to provide contact-free sales assessments. If you are shielding or prefer us not to visit, it may be possible for us to complete a full assessment for your stairlift without having to visit you. Please ask us for details.
When visiting you, we continue to follow government COVID-19 secure guidelines along with guidance from our trade associations, the BHTA and LEIA, with regard to working in other people’s homes:
- If you’re going to someone else’s home to work, you should communicate with households before any visits to discuss how the work will be carried out to reduce risk for all parties.
- You should not carry out work in households that are isolating because one or more family members has symptoms, unless you’re remedying a direct risk to the safety of the household or the public.
- When you’re working in a household where somebody is clinically vulnerable, make prior arrangements to avoid any face-to-face contact. You should be particularly strict about handwashing, coughing and sneezing hygiene, such as covering your nose and mouth and disposing of single-use tissues.
Prior to any visit to your home
- we will ask you if you or anyone in your home is self-isolating due to symptoms of the virus. We will also ensure you and your family are happy with the measures we are taking to minimise risk before arranging to come to your home.
At the visit we will:
- only remove a facemask if you are happy for us to do so
- wash or sanitise our hands before entry and after exit
- maintain a distance from you and ask you to remain in a separate room while we are measuring or installing
- minimise anything that we touch in your home or business
- minimise the amount of time we spend in your home
- take any other precautions we consider necessary
Although we trust that we are nearing the end of the pandemic, we will continue to monitor developments daily and amend our working practices to take account of the latest advice.
We recognise the vital assistance our products offer and so please be assured that we will continue to balance the need to support you, our customers, with the need to protect our staff and observe government instructions.
For information on support for our retail, residential and other commercial customers please follow this link.
Last updated: 26/07/2021